Saturday 15 March 2014

Loolah!

Meet Loolah, Sammy's new girlfriend!





I had asked one of my good friends if she could have a look in her local pet shop and let me know if there were any nice girl budgies.

One afternoon after visiting my dad in the nursing home where he now stays I decided to take a run in the car to have a look in this pet shop as I always think their animals look in good condition. They are never all crowded together as is the case in many pet shops.

I couldn't get near to the budgie cages as this lady and two young girls were standing in front of them. I felt a bit awkward as the area where the pets are kept is very small so I looked at some of the pet treats for a while and then approached the birds from the other direction. This lady was still there and I decided to try and peer at the budgies from an angle. I was standing there aware of this person next to me writing in a notebook when suddenly she said my name! She was my friend, standing taking notes on the various budgies so she could let me know what they had.

It was such a funny coincidence. My friend loved this sunny yellow one and she had checked out with the pet shop owner to find out which birds were the femals before I came in. This one was the most chunky of the lot although she looked a little bit quiet to me. I usually go for the real cheeky looking ones.

I decided to go back to the shop a few days later and bought her. She is so beautiful and is very cheeky too. She hit it off with Sammy right away and it was as though they had known each other all their lives. Maybe a quieter bird was a good choice as I didn't want one that would bully my male. They both seem very happy together and Loolah comes and goes in and out of the cage as she pleases. Sammy is not so keen as his eyesight isn't good but he is quite happy waiting around for her to return.

Here are a few photos of them meeting each other

First here she is coming out of the carrier box the pet shop put her in.



Sammy telling her secrets!




The next morning - making herself at home.


Sammy overawed with his new chum.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment